Marco specializes in Intellectual Property representing small-medium to large multinational local and international clients. He assists his clients in protecting their IP rights over a wide range of IP issues including patents, designs and trademarks and in litigation involving unfair competition issues.
He also has significant experience in transactional IP work, frequently negotiating and drafting IP related contracts, such as licensing, distribution and franchising agreements.
At the same time he has acquired a significant experience in protecting and enforcing IP rights in China, having worked on a regular basis in the Beijing office of a prominent Chinese law firm.
According to a source quoted by "Legal 500", Marco has "exquisite legal expertise and practical skills that make things move forward".
Marco graduated from the University of Milan in 1983 and was admitted to the (Milan) Bar in 1991 and to the Supreme Court, Italy, in 2003. He was an assistant lecturer in Intellectual Property Law at the State University of Milan from 1984 to 2004 and has been lecturing in Public Law since 2001 for the Law Department of the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the State University of Milan. He has also given lectures on IP in some of the most highly regarded universities in Beijing.
Marco is a member of the Board of Directors (and past President) of the International League of Competition Law, member of the Industrial Property Commission of the Union des Avocats Européens and on the Board of the Directors of INDICAM, the Italian Anti-Counterfeiting Association. He is also an honorary member of the Association of Fellows and Legal Scholars of the Center for International Legal Studies of Salzburg.
- "Unfair Trade Practice - Comparative Law Yearbook of International Business", Kluwer Law Publishers. 1997 (author of the Italian chapter);
- "Manufacture or License? Can these routes be combined", in PATINNOVA 97, European Communities, 1998;
- "Selective Distribution in Italy", Transnational Publishers, 2000;
- "La protezione come disegni o modelli delle parti staccate dei prodotti complessi e la disciplina dei pezzi di ricambio", Giuffrè, 2007;
- "La riforma della legge marchi cinese" in Riv. Dir. Ind., 2014, III, pagg. 19 e segg.;
- "Nota a Sentenza Tribunale di Bologna 20 dicembre 2013" in Il Foro Padano, 2014, Parte Prima, pagg. 549 e segg
- "Antitrust Analysis of Online Sales Platforms & Copyright Limitations and Exceptions", Springer 2018, pagg. 483-502 (author of the Italian chapter);
- "Liability for Antitrust Law Infringements & Protection of IP Rights in Distribution", Springer 2019, pagg. 463 - 477 (author of the Italian chapter).